Flip Video UltraHD Overview
Flip Video Ultra Now Available in HD
It’s the power of video in your pocket. Capture the everyday moments that happen anywhere, and share them with family and friends everywhere. That’s idea behind the new Flip Video Ultra Series. It’s portable, simple to use and amazingly affordable. Shoot anything. Share everything. I have been using the original Flip Ultra for about 9 months now and can honestly say it was one of the best purchases I have ever made.
The manufacturer Flip, makes several different levels of quality of the pocket video camera, with the Flip Ultra being where you would want to jump in. They have now added the Ultra HD version which is being reviewed in this article. The original Flip Ultra can be purchased on Amazon for around $100 – $150, depending on who you can buy it from. The new Ultra HD will set you back between $180 – $200, but in my opinion is well worth the money invested.
One thing I have learned as I have been using the camera and posting things to the internet and DVD’s is the original Flip Ultra quality when trying to go big screen really lacks quality. I mean, it’s not horrible by any means, but the HD version is really meant to be able to repurpose your videos to larger screens and TV’s while the Flip Ultra is just fine for posting to the web.
From the Manufacturer
- Easy-to-use, pocket-sized HD camcorder featuring one-touch recording and digital zoom
- Simple user interface lets you start capturing HD video just seconds after powering on
- Captures 120 minutes of HD video on 8 GB of built-in memory; no tapes or additional memory cards required
- Convenient flip-out USB arm plugs directly into your PC or Mac to launch FlipShare software
- Pre-installed FlipShare software lets you easily email videos, edit individual clips, make custom movies, capture still photos from video, and even upload video to sharing sites like YouTube and MySpace
- FlipShare’s advanced compression technology allows for quick and easy sharing of high-resolution HD video in compact-sized files (via email or publishing online)
- Comes with Flip Video rechargeable AA battery pack (recharges when connected to USB); also supported by standard AA batteries
- Large 2-inch anti-glare color LCD screen to play back and delete videos
- HDMI output (mini-HDMI connector) makes it simple to watch video on your HDTV
- Video: 16:9 widescreen, HD 720p (1280 x 720) at 30 frames per second (fps) progressive scan; recorded as MP4 files
Flip UltraHD Highlights
The World’s Simplest HD Camcorder
The Flip UltraHD camcorder combines Flip Video’s signature shoot-and-share simplicity with the power of vivid, vibrant HD video. UltraHD could not be easier to use: just power on and press record, and you’ll be capturing high-quality HD video in seconds.
UltraHD features 120 minutes of record time and an included rechargeable battery pack, so you’ll never miss another minute of video again. And because it’s ultra-portable, UltraHD lets you capture spontaneous video anytime, anywhere. Whether it’s a lazy afternoon in the park; a family vacation; or simply an unplanned, everyday event, your UltraHD will be charged and ready to go. So you never have to say, “You should have been there.”
Stunning HD Video
While it may be small, UltraHD produces stunning HD 720p video that will look crisp and clear on your HDTV. Flip camcorders are known for high-quality video, and UltraHD combines that signature Flip quality with the latest in HD technology. Its 8 GB of built-in memory lets you capture 120 minutes of brilliant HD video, even in low-light situations. Plus, premier AAC audio means your videos will sound clearer than ever, too. And included HDMI output makes it easy to enjoy your videos on your HDTV.
Pre-Installed FlipShare Software
UltraHD comes equipped with FlipShare, Flip Video’s video-sharing solution. FlipShare launches instantly the first time you connect to your computer. Featuring an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that’s as easy to use as the camcorder itself, FlipShare lets you:
- Save and Organize: Watch your videos on your computer whenever you want, and create your own folders to organize your videos, or simply use the automatic date-stamp system.
- Publish Online: Upload your videos instantly to YouTube, MySpace, and many other websites, all with the click of a button. It’s never been this easy to share your videos online!
- Email Videos: Send your videos privately, and select from a wide assortment of included greeting cards to personalize your message. In fact, Flip will let you email a link to your video (rather than a big file) to your family and friends, making it even easier to share your video.
- Edit and Create Movies: Edit individual clips and create custom movies–complete with your favorite music. FlipShare even lets you capture snapshots (still images) from your videos.